About us

About us

Who we are

Malm Orstad AS was founded at Voll in 1946 when Malm Orstad, the father of the current owners, Magne and Leif Orstad, established the business, a mechanical workshop called "The Forge of Jæren."

Until the end of the 1980s Malm Orstad serviced his market within the agricultural industry, where the company was a significant and reputed supplier of various mechanical, agricultural products. When the discovery of oil in the North Sea evoked a need for special products, it didn´t take long before Malm Orstad emerged as a major supplier to the oil and gas industry.

Malm Orstad has thereafter continued to expand and evolve it`s areas of competence, and today the company's projects are performed for the energy sector, defence and aquaculture.

Read more
KHMS